StarFox: Corneria Theme 8-Bit StarFox: Corneria Theme 8-Bit

A good 8 bit take on the classic!
I love the flawless notes, and what really caught my eye is the fact the loop is almost perfect. Needs a bit of a touchup honestly...seeing that this was uploaded 7 years ago, I am pretty sure that you have since refined the piece. Question is, will you come back to the light of newgrounds and share the glory with us all?

As far as everyone wondering what studio was used to create this, it sounds like the samples are genuine, and the mastery was done in either Reason or FL studio...could be wrong, but at the time, these were the two top studio mixers...and the bitrate is kinda a dead giveaway.

Tales of Nowhere - Thane Tales of Nowhere - Thane

GROOVY!!!!!
Has a good head bangin' feel to it and DOES stick my generation's melodic style! Well done on keepin' true to the 80s! I do have a small gripe though, and that would be some segments seem a bit out of place...pretty sure if you listen to it a bit more closely, you'll see what I am talking about.
Its nothing too major, just kinda turned me off for about 5 seconds, then it recovered NICELY!

If you were to ever do an underground or heavenly piece...make sure you stick true to 90s gaming for that one, namely the early and mid 90s...where the revolution of RPG's took place... >:=}

If you're a lil lost...google the RPG revolution.

Burn7 responds:

Heeeyyyy I'm glad you thought this was cool! I was going for a more "classic rock/jam" kinda vibe here. Eventually I made a sick synthbass '80's version that sounds all actionmovielike.

I'll definitely look into more RPG songs, I'm gonna need all the help I can get. Really the way I write all of my music is "Did Doom do it already? Then I'll just copy what Bobby Prince had,". Every single song I've ever written can be traced back directly to a doom level. It's much easier to hide the truth when I'm just doing a cover of a doom song, but every riff, every melody, every rhythm... All lifted from doom. Every single one, straight copypasted. The Pokemon/Zelda songs? Straight outta Doom. My entire Album? Basically just doom. Anything with my vocals? I just record the 1993 game then remix it to sound like a voice.

Retro Synth Horror. Retro Synth Horror.

Feels and sounds like a bit of Vegeta's theme thrown in there...or is that just me? Even a slice of Absolute Perfect Cell -_- guess it could just be me...

D-Docolocolous responds:

I don't know either of those, so I couldn't say :p

The Escape-Metaljonus The Escape-Metaljonus

Sitting here, smoking a cup of coffee and drinking a cigarette...listening to this beast at 10am...while on the clock. Well, all I can say is YAYSAUCE! My work day wont be so damn boring now!

SO! BDI should get in on a revision of this madness...perhaps an early prep for madness day? I could see this actually being used in a madness clip...just a total shitfest of slaughter and chaos.

Metaljonus responds:

Haha, glad you dig it dude!

Depths of Wickedness Depths of Wickedness

Wayyu the fuck over my expectations John! Absolutely brilliant! Pieced together nicely, and does justice to the original! Temco would be proud of you and the way you arranged one of theor greatest hits of all time! Its good to have you back as well! The ending was pieced together nicely with your usual flares you throw in which made this piece scream Burn7 in every shape and form!

Listening to this on my bluetooth headset, everything is balanced to the T, and in saying that, I welcome you back to the light of newgrounds!

REALITY GLITCH AUTOMATON REALITY GLITCH AUTOMATON

Nothing short of glitchin' amazing!
This was the kinda stuff i expected to hear outta our 80s and 90s video games. To hear it NOW in this era, just makes you wanna go retro and beat all your favorite classocs for the hell of it!

#nostalgia #80s90sGamerBabies

johnfn responds:

thanks m8!!!

For Samurais For Samurais

It has come out of hiding at long last!
You have a gap to fill!
BRING YOUR ASS BACK AND MAKE OUR EARS BLEED IN SHEER DELIGHT!

This track...just holy mother of all that is ungodly on newgrounds! Sounds like something one would hear in THUG THUG2 THAW and a few other "pro-skater" games for the instrumental sections!
Well Fucking DONE!

BERSERKYD responds:

WOW ! Thats such an epic review !!! That mean a lot man ! I'll try my best to share more stuff... Youre right ! Thanks a lot !

White Knights of Andorias White Knights of Andorias

If a track like this was used in the White Knight Chronicles platformer on the PS3...pretty sure a lot of people would have loved to keep their TV's turned up high!
You should check out the OST's of the White Knight Chronicles game...you seem to have a flare for melodies that are similar in comparison Dan!

If you feel the desire to remix a few of those tracks...you will be the first on NewGrounds to do it and you'll have my 6's across the board (TrollFace)!

Nothing to really critique about this piece. Flawless as usual, and the melody is catchy!
The repetitiveness of the track though...could use a brush up in some places, but then again...who cares, it rocks!

DanJohansen responds:

Glad you dig it man! Yeah White Knight Chronicles 1 was good, was a bit disappointed at the rehashed use of everything in the sequel though :( I hope they make a 3rd mainline game one day from scratch!

We are Number One but it's METAL We are Number One but it's METAL

My ears are bleeding with sheer delight!
This is the kinda shit I come to newgrounds to listen to when I'm seriously bored and need a Pick-Me-Up! Good shit you got going here, and your leads are fantastic! The drums are crispy, your symbols and hi's are on point, and the vocals add the much needed flare to the piece.

The chorus on the other hand, just a tad bit too cartoon-ish for the piece, but then again...you ARE number one...LOL!

{AIM} Ascend to Madness {AIM} Ascend to Madness

(FaceDesks)
Another savage piece of yours I didn't review...(Nut Kick x2)
Ive always enjoyed Madness Day as it brings out the savagery in our community and we see all kinds of interesting videos and hear tunes of mass variety that suit the savagery that is Madness!

This piece does just that...brings about the Madness!
Fuckin' Epic!
Can't wait to see what you come up with this year!