REALITY GLITCH AUTOMATON REALITY GLITCH AUTOMATON

Nothing short of glitchin' amazing!
This was the kinda stuff i expected to hear outta our 80s and 90s video games. To hear it NOW in this era, just makes you wanna go retro and beat all your favorite classocs for the hell of it!

#nostalgia #80s90sGamerBabies

johnfn responds:

thanks m8!!!

For Samurais For Samurais

It has come out of hiding at long last!
You have a gap to fill!
BRING YOUR ASS BACK AND MAKE OUR EARS BLEED IN SHEER DELIGHT!

This track...just holy mother of all that is ungodly on newgrounds! Sounds like something one would hear in THUG THUG2 THAW and a few other "pro-skater" games for the instrumental sections!
Well Fucking DONE!

BERSERKYD responds:

WOW ! Thats such an epic review !!! That mean a lot man ! I'll try my best to share more stuff... Youre right ! Thanks a lot !

White Knights of Andorias White Knights of Andorias

If a track like this was used in the White Knight Chronicles platformer on the PS3...pretty sure a lot of people would have loved to keep their TV's turned up high!
You should check out the OST's of the White Knight Chronicles game...you seem to have a flare for melodies that are similar in comparison Dan!

If you feel the desire to remix a few of those tracks...you will be the first on NewGrounds to do it and you'll have my 6's across the board (TrollFace)!

Nothing to really critique about this piece. Flawless as usual, and the melody is catchy!
The repetitiveness of the track though...could use a brush up in some places, but then again...who cares, it rocks!

DanJohansen responds:

Glad you dig it man! Yeah White Knight Chronicles 1 was good, was a bit disappointed at the rehashed use of everything in the sequel though :( I hope they make a 3rd mainline game one day from scratch!

We are Number One but it's METAL We are Number One but it's METAL

My ears are bleeding with sheer delight!
This is the kinda shit I come to newgrounds to listen to when I'm seriously bored and need a Pick-Me-Up! Good shit you got going here, and your leads are fantastic! The drums are crispy, your symbols and hi's are on point, and the vocals add the much needed flare to the piece.

The chorus on the other hand, just a tad bit too cartoon-ish for the piece, but then again...you ARE number one...LOL!

{AIM} Ascend to Madness {AIM} Ascend to Madness

(FaceDesks)
Another savage piece of yours I didn't review...(Nut Kick x2)
Ive always enjoyed Madness Day as it brings out the savagery in our community and we see all kinds of interesting videos and hear tunes of mass variety that suit the savagery that is Madness!

This piece does just that...brings about the Madness!
Fuckin' Epic!
Can't wait to see what you come up with this year!

.: Far Sky :. .: Far Sky :.

Pretty damn sad of me...
I listened to this back in July, and didn't write a review...you can kick me in the nuts for this one later.
Given the piece was uploaded in 2015, it's still a good listen and something to come back to when I need a hype! I forgot all about this piece until I sat here today reading emails and getting ready for work, and thought..."Its a shitty looking day, need to listen to Far Sky"...and what do you know...like a dip shit, I couldn't find it in my MP3s...so here I am, listening to this marvelous piece of non-lyrical goodness.

The Final Level The Final Level

So...this is a Genesis style mix? Sounds more along the lines of something from the Sega CD + Genesis chipset to be honest. I mean, if you've ever played Super RoadRash and Silpheed on that console, you would understand where I am going with it.

The Sega CD drive played MP3/WAV tracks without any issues, and the Genesis soundchip incorporated the SCD soundchip as well...as much as SEGA denies it, it's true.
Good beat overall and Im curious to what other type of tunes you'll pump out in the future.

JK-FlipFlop responds:

Yes, it is. 5 FM, 3 PSG and the DAC (drums). As far as I know, what I've done here is possible on the Genesis without the PCM channel from the SEGA CD part. I'm not sure what else the SEGA CD had to add besides CD audio, but I didn't use any of it. Just the Genesis chip.
Thanks for the review, though, and I've got more collabs on the way (they've been made already, I'm just saving them because I don't always get time to work on stuff).

L-55 - The Reborn of Dragon L-55 - The Reborn of Dragon

Considering you're unscouted, and still working out your style and quirks of things...you did a pretty good job. I do agree with iRaider, the violin is abrasive as hell in the beginning, but other than that, the piece is pretty good. You do have a few sections where your instruments don't tie in well with each other and leave subtle skips/gaps.

No one's perfect and it takes a bit of fine tuning to get it just right! Keep practicing and working out those nasty flaws as they say! 4/5 for you! Keep it up!

Busters & Blasts Busters & Blasts

TruGamer took the words outta my mouth!
Its good to hear from you again Ferrex, it's been a long time since I seen any of your work pop up through my recommended and featured!
Your style has no equal really, as you stick true to the roots of Retro...and that's what makes you unique in my books! This piece just smashes, and what's got me is that ending...it does need to be brushed up a little bit and a tie-in would be more suited for a gaming melody.
Gotta remember, us old ass fucks who lived and breathed NES and SNES games got a thing for loops ;-)

Burning Sun Bleeding Moon Burning Sun Bleeding Moon

I would love to see a heavy collab between you and metaljonus Dan....
I mean shit, you two pushing out something like this in the future...with more refined instruments...my ears will bleed with sheer delight! (ahem)

This piece takes me back to the Mega Man X days for some reason...it just feels heavily inspired by said game series...and the solo...that fucking SOLO! (drools)
Keep it up! MOAR! MUST HAVE MOAR!

DanJohansen responds:

Glad you dig it man, me, Jonus and Khairul made a collab last year called Chaos Realms, not too similar type of tune, but a metal collab nonetheless! I will def keep coming with MOAR haha :P